1. Hana Kate’s artwork with Daniel’s childhood pastels. On her own, she cut out all the pieces and glued them together. 2. mini clothes on a mini clothesline. 3. Found this at Eden’s seat. 4. Hana Kate made this scarecrow (once again, on her own, unsupervised) and took it out to the peas. Must be working. 🙂 5. Breaking eggs. Thankful to be back to baking with my girls. 🙂 6. Finally getting around to making are to decorate some of the walls. 7. working on her scarecrow. 8. crafters paradise.
1. birds are coming! 2. Hana Kate: “Mommy, I showed my moth my scarecrow, but he didn’t say anything about it.” 3. our resident book lover. 4. Hana Kate could spend hours doing this kind of stuff. 5. painting fun 6. The planking painter. 7. Eden was telling me about her artwork. 8. Note to self: leaving your daughters alone with the stamp and inkpad may result in this kind of art by the 2-year-old and under age group. 🙂
1. finally getting our artwork made and hung. Daniel made this one of 1 Corinthians 13. Learning to live life through the filter of this kind of love has been one of the themes of our past few months. 2. Mine is dry and on the wall, too, of Matthew 22: 37-40. We put these reminders on the walls of our home none too soon, as later that week we would have multiple chances to respond in love even when our good was evil spoken of, our motives misunderstood, and our explanations misinterpreted. 3. Eden had fun making the Lowe’s Kids Build & Grow project. 4. working on her project. 5. Ready to head to Lowe’s for project time with Daddy. 6. “I finda ant. Hi, little, little ant.” 7. Getting a tour of our sweet neighbor’s amazing backyard. 8. yummy crummy.
1. It was quiet for a long time. I found the girls setting up a doll and animal family meeting. 2. family movie night. watching Families of India. 3. Eden’s many running forms. 4. “I making thum wock thoup.” 5. ready to go home after the church picnic (she doesn’t always dress so fancy, but has lately desired to wear this dress a lot) 6. mint springs and sunshine. 7. “duh dirt is my lothion.” This picture, though, does little justice to showing how dirty they really were! 8. Cool rural mail carrier at the UPS store. Ours gets delivered in a jeep, too, but definitely not one this vintage.
1. Making oatmeal with Daddy, a morning ritual. 2. Hana Kate “sewing” her first bag, though this one had pre-poked holes (and no poked fingers). 🙂 3. Eden makes this face to make Hana Kate laugh, which she does. 4. Goal! 5. Resisting temptation. Seriously, I don’t know why, but I haven’t wanted a Baja Blast and Taco Bell multiple times this pregnancy. I’ve only indulged…uh, 3 times. But not this time! 6. What a day! Hana Kate got her head stuck in this chair. 🙂 Not sure how it got in there, because sawing it apart was the only way we could get it off. This was a rough day for one and all, but this was quite low on the scale and provided comic relief once the chair was demolished. 7. Reading through the Sermon on the Mount. 8. Checking out their wet hair in a mirror. At age 2, Hana Kate had a fascination with “washing” her hair in the sink. At 2, Eden’s got the same interest. I’d say it must be an age-2 thing, but perhaps with our girls it’s just a fascination now that they finally get some hair at 2. 🙂
1. pretty purple hyacinths from my sweet friend who wanted to encourage me (I ate her other forms of encouragement), and who has been a faithful friend to speak the truth in love, to encourage me in the faith, and to provoke me to love and good works. and bring me amazing food. 🙂 Thankful also for the specific encouragement and assurance of prayer from other friends, as well. 2. working on a gift for my friend. so fun, but forgot to take a pic of the finished project. 3. Daddy’s girl. 4. Gigi’s Cupcakes! I picked one up for my friend Kristen’s b-day, and they were also giving out samples of new flavors. We took them home and enjoyed them together. O how we love their cupcakes. 🙂 5. Family trip to Publix, always so much fun! 6. pink lips from popsicles 7. First popsicles of spring! 8. Adding oats to the pot.
1. Reading through Galatians 5. I highlighted some, but definitely needed to meditate on verse 15 and the entire chapter. I recently switched from Olive Tree to YouVersion (hundeds of versions, multiple languages, lots of tools) as my Bible-reading iPhone app, and am loving the change. 2. squishy hugs. 3. working on learning a new hymn as a family. For some reason, Hana Kate loves to put on a dress-up dress and dance slowly as we sing. 4. Eden working on scrubbing the crayon off the wood she decided to draw on. She did a good job…on both the drawing and the scrubbing. 🙂