For those of you who are in Greenville, the latest word on the sidewalk 🙂 is that Sav Mor will be having their sidewalk sale this weekend, Saturday, February 16, at 9:00 a.m. Since several of you had questions about Sav More on my $20/week grocery budget, I will try to answer those here and fill you in on a few more details.
1. You will want to arrive before 9:00a.m. Once the moderator yells “go,” you don’t really have much of a chance to get in the action unless you’re on the “sidelines” when he makes the announcement.
2. Dress warmly–this takes place outdoors.
3. You will pay for your items in cash. ($6 per box)
4. Boxes must be as level on top as possible (they will let you know if it is not level enough).
5. It is helpful to go along with someone else (one of you can “guard” the boxes/sort through things).
If you fill a box to the top, you will most likely be able to get $100 to $200 worth of products. Keep in mind that many of these items are expired/scratched/dented. (Expiration dates are for the most part simply a protection for producers against consumer lawsuits; however, it is always good to be careful in thinking through whether a particular product would be safe after the expiration date.)